I am always looking for alternate remedies for any ailment that comes my way. Until I found my supplements 2 years ago, I was looking for something that could help with my hormones and adrenal fatigue (self diagnosed 🙂 )
I came across a post recommending Sole. What is Sole??? Nope, not the type that is covered in lemon/garlic butter and oh sooo delicious! Sole is a mixture of 2 very simple ingredients : Himalayan salt and water!
Now salt has had a bad rap for quite some time, but did you know that salt is necessary for a number of bodily functions that contribute to hydration and a healthy nervous system. We are not talking about your common table salt, which has been highly processed and stripped of all its nutrients! We are talking about real salt!!! Who would ever have believed that salt is actually GOOD for you!!!!!!
How Does Sole Work?
Sole water is electrolyte dense brine. Electrolytes are essential for life, assisting the kidneys in eliminating wastes and toxins. They carry a charge which ionizes when dissolved in water. When the water and salt are mixed together the negative ions of the water molecules combine with the positive ions of salt and vice versa. This way they are electrically charged. The minerals in this drink can be easily absorbed by the body helping maintain the fluid balance sending signals from one cell to another.
“In a nine-week study undertaken in 2003 at the Inter-University of Graz, Austria examined the effects of Himalayan Crystal Salt on physical and psychological functions of the body. It is the only salt ever to have been the subject of comprehensive double-blind scientific research. The results of the study, presented in the book, Water & Salt – The Essence of Life by Dr. Barbara Hendel, M.D. and biophysicist Peter Ferreira, confirmed significant positive changes in respiratory, circulatory, organ, connective tissue and nervous system functions. Patients also reported increases in quality of sleep, energy and concentration levels, brain activity, weight loss, enhanced consciousness, and noticeable hair and nail growth.”
So, next time you reach for that salt – as long as its good quality – don’t feel guilty, feel great that you are feeding your body what it needs!!
How to Prepare Sole Water
Sole water is easy to prepare.
Find a glass jar with a plastic lid.
Do not store sole water in metal containers. The high salt concentration can cause wear on some metal products.
- Fill 1/4th of the jar with Himalayan salt and rest of it with water.
- After sealing the jar shake and let it rest overnight.
- The following morning, there should be a thin layer of salt at the bottom of the jar, this means that the water is fully saturated. If there is no layer, add more salt and leave to sit for another day.
- Your sole is now ready to use.
Every morning, add 1 teaspoon of the sole mixture to 250ml of water, and drink, preferably on an empty tummy.
Benefits of Drinking Sole Regularly
1. Keeps the body hydrated: Sole water contains the electrolytes and required minerals to function and keep your energy levels up. Drinking plain water is good for flushing out toxins but in the process, it may also dilute and eliminate some important minerals. Sole water helps in hydrating your body as well replenishing those minerals that may be lost.
2. Provides vitamins and minerals: Vitamins and minerals are the building blocks of our body. They have various roles to play in the body like repairing tissues, healing wounds, boosting the immune system and strengthening the bones. Himalayan salt is rich in 84 trace minerals and having it in the form of sole water makes the absorption of these minerals by body easier.
3. Clearer skin: The minerals present in Himalayan salt help us fight many skin problems. Zinc is used to repair tissues and prevents acne. Iodine and chromium help with skin infections. Sulphur is known to keep the skin surface clean and smooth.
4. Better sleep: Sole water helps you relax and calm the entire nervous system. The minerals control the stress hormone, adeline, promoting better sleep.
5. Proper digestion: Himalayan salt stimulates hydrochloric acid and certain enzymes. The metabolism of proteins that breakdown food. It aids the intestinal tract and the liver in performing their digestive functions.
Happy salting!! 🙂